Chicago TV Repair Service
You want your TV to last as long as possible after TV repair. We want your TV to last as long as possible after TV repair also, therefore after every TV repair we include several tips so you can avoid TV repair work in the future.
1) Do not put pressure on display panel. (with fingers or anything else) The display panel is the front screen plastic or glass known as LCD TV display panel or Plasma TV display panel. This will cause physical damage and result in a very costly TV repair bill. Broken or damages panel is the number 1 reason for TV repair failure.
2) Do not hit or throw objects toward panel. Keep out of reach of kids. Broken or
damages panel is the number 1 reason for TV repair failure.
3) Do not over play or work your TV by playing it while you are asleep, at work or not at home. The more you play it the more parts wear out. Resulting in TV repair problems. Just play your TV wisely.
4) Do not spray liquid on TV set when cleaning your TV screen (never spray liquid on TV). Us a micro soft cloth to remove dust or dirt. For tough jobs spray a little water on a cloth never use chemical when cleaning TV. Spraying liquid on the TV will sometime get inside of the TV causing TV repair problem. Unplug the TV first.
5) Do not allow dust or dirt to clog the vents in the rear of the TV. Keep proper ventilation for working parts. Keep TV away from heat vents, heat ducts and above fire places. Doing these things may cause TV repair sooner. TV parts fail because of excessive heat causing TV repair problem.
6) Do not use TV for music application only, use a stereo or Home Entertainment system. If no video is present turn TV off. Use TV for what it is designed for Video and Sound together.
7) Do not attempt TV repairs yourself, unless you are a qualified technician. If your are not lucky it will cost you more money.
8) Do not move the TV while playing. Unplug AC and all other plug-in devices and cables.
9) Do not tighten RF connection with pliers or tools. Hand tighten ONLY for all screw-on cables.
10) Do not HIT your TV set on the back or front to see if it will come on or play, that is old school. LCD, Plasma, LED, 3D TV's are delicate, they will take no physical abuse. This will result in TV repair problem.
To be continue by The TV Repair A Team (Last update January 25 2012)